Sitting at my laptop over the weekend perusing through my usual combination of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Memes (this one being my favorite) and Chase Jarvis adventures that I envy – when I stumbled upon this little ditty of goodness, “20-Something does not have to be 20-Everything” by Christine Hassler.
It seems that a lot of my life lately has been a challenge – little things all culminating into one big rain cloud over my head, Charlie Brown style. Slowly, one thing after the other just basically has set the stage for an all-star debate in my brain between each tiny sector, all vying for the chance to be the leader of my actions. A part of it could be I’m about to turn 28, but most of it because since becoming a Mom my mind is a constant blender of emotions, logic and anxiety – but I digress. 😉
So here are some of my faves from this article, that I figured I’d share… mostly because I’m trying to convince myself to listen to them, but motive aside, it’s some pretty darn good advice, so let’s dance universe.
- You will fail. Allow yourself to make mistakes. You will learn so much valuable insight and information from failure so stop playing it so safe. Not risking is risky.
- SLEEP. Eat green foods and ditch processed stuff (if you do not know or can’t pronounce the ingredients, don’t eat it!)
- Friendships matter — they contribute significantly to your health and longevity!! Ditch toxic friendships and put the effort into friends who inspire and support who you are and where you are headed.
- The trick to personal finance is budgeting and SAVING, but be limitless in your money mindset. Learn ways to increase and appreciate your abundance right now. Abundance does not just come in form of money.
- Answering the question, “What do I want to do with my life” is more often a process of elimination rather than a lighting bolt of inspiration.
- Have patience because opportunity and success come in real time. Overnight success is not possible and you don’t have to love your job to be happy at it!
- Burnout is not a badge of honor. Don’t try to do it all, focus on the 5% you’re great at and delegate the rest!
- Your thoughts are creating your reality, so you are either attracting things to you or repelling them from you. Be mindful of your thoughts!
- Learn the language of your intuition and how to recognize when your heart is speaking to you and then how to respond once it does.
Which ones spoke to you?